Today we’d like to introduce you to Mike Nuzzolese.
Hi Mike, can you start by introducing yourself? We’d love to learn more about how you got to where you are today?
After my wife Joyce and I took a first-time pontoon lake tour we decided Lake Norman is where we need to be. We saw an opportunity right away. We thought if we got just 1 boat, we would make a difference if we work hard and offer people second to none customer service with included amenities.
We decided to get a new pontoon and include top amenities for all clients, such as gas, a cooler of ice, bottled water, variety snack packs, water noodles, and more with every reservation. Since then, we have grown and currently own 3 pontoon boats.
We continue to stay busy renting our pontoons to the fine residence of Cornelius, along with friendly neighbors and visitors of the Carolinas…
Alright, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Things have not always been smooth. Many obstacles occurred since the start:
To be successful in business we needed to be properly prepared
Below are just a few areas that always was a challenging when trying to maintain excellence
– We had to get a domain name and create a website
– Find best bare charter insurance (rental insurance)
– Create reservation software
– Establish good social media marketing
– Had to buy boat trailers and learn how to trailer with the boats
– Had to buy a Jeep with a tow package
– Invest in lots of needed equipment, fenders, life vests, ropes, etc.
– Hire good help
– Provide customer service
– Always provide excellence in boat maintenance
– Finding a dock slip is impossible, as local Marinas do not want the competition.
– We finally found a slip, but with the understanding that we would not bring our clients to the Marina.
– So, for a year, we hustled and did all pickup and drop-offs at a Ramsey Creek Park, in Cornelius
– We now trailer our pontoons from a local storage facility and meet guests at Blythe Landing Park
Alright, so let’s switch gears a bit and talk business. What should we know?
Mike and Joyce of CorneliusPontoonRentals.com is a 5 STAR RATED company serving the residence of Cornelius, and friendly neighbors and visitors of the Carolinas. We are people of detail and always strive to make your boating experience the very best POSSIBLE. All our boats are new, clean, and sanitized while offering our clients the best amenities and experience on Lake Norman.
LOCATION – LOCATION – LOCATION
Offering excellence in Pickup and Drop-off Service at BLYTHE LANDING PARK
Book us online when you need us!
We always offer complimentary amenities every time you book with us. ALL GUESTS receive friendly smiles and top service from us, offering NEW state-of-the-art Sun Tracker Party Barge Pontoons.
ALL GUESTS ENJOY TOP amenities with every reservation:
GAS, COOLER OF ICE, BOTTLED WATER, SNACKS WATER NOODLES. OVER $100 VALUE
We’d be interested to hear your thoughts on luck and what role, if any, you feel it’s played for you?
My wife Joyce is my Lucky Star ⭐️
I am truly blessed, having Joyce by my side to help me manage the daily responsibilities of our boat rentals. Without her, we would not be the company we are today. I am very fortunate to have married such wonderful woman.
We were made for one another and always work well together at every moment.
- Email: Info@corneliuspontoonrentals.com
- Website: www.corneliuspontoonrentals.com
- Instagram: Corneliuspontoonrentals
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NCPontoonRentals/services